Monday, April 4, 2011

5 WEEKS!

The countdown is really coming along!!

5 MORE WEEK!!!!turns out it was really 4....

Here is my to do list as it currently stands:
-Book hotel in Belgium!
-Figure out how to get from Amsterdam to London
-Figure out bus/train routes in Belgium
-Figure out bus/train routes in the Netherlands
-Plan things to do in Belgium (though my friend Margaretha is pretty much taking care of this =] )
-Buy a museum card for the Netherlands
-Pack! (and make a packing list =] )

I am not taking suitcases, but a camping backpack, a school backpack and my camera backpack =] It will be great fun!

I also have somewhat of an itinerary =]]
I leave the US May 16th, arrive in Amsterdam May 17th, and will wait for my friend Ryan get into Amsterdam as well, and then we will most likely go to his hotel, and then I will go meet up with the family I am staying with! (All the people I am seeing in Europe I haven't seen in 3 years, so its going to be a glorious reunion with them all!!!) Then Ryan and I will spend the week in the Netherlands, and that Friday, May 20th, we leave in the morning to go to Belgium where we will spend the weekend with our good friend from high school! So Friday is in Brussels, Saturday is in Bruges, and Sunday is in Leuven. I might try to go to church on Sunday in Leuven, but they don't have an English branch, and I don't know how much time I will have because our bus leaves in the late afternoon, so we can get back to Amsterdam without it being too late. And then Ryan and I have the next week in the Netherlands again, and I will go to church on Sunday in Leiden, and there is an English branch there! Then on May 31st I head out to London to meet my family! (Not sure what Ryan will be doing then =] )

I probably won't be planning out what we will do what day until we get there and Ryan and I can talk it over and decide what we want to do, what day. I do have my list of things I have to do before I leave (Anne Frank House, Rembrandt Museum, Temple in The Hague, and a few other things =] )!

Its going to be a fantastic trip! I seriously can't wait!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment