Friday, April 8, 2011

Wow, its really happening!

So it kind of hit me while at work today that I am really actually going to Europe, and like next month!!! Last summer (2010) I had planned to go to Europe at this same time, and for some reason, I thought that I would magically have money after paying tuition...yeah right, that didn't happen. So sadly, I had to decide I wasn't going to be able to go =[

And then some family friends of ours said they were going this summer, and that we should meet them there! My parents decided that, yes, it was time we go to Europe. When my parents said yes, my first question was, do I get to go visit my friends in the Netherlands as well, since that was why I was trying to go last summer, and they said that yes, they would make sure I get to visit them! So here I am, getting to go for two weeks to see them and travel around the Netherlands, and then spend 3 weeks with my family travelling to other countries in Europe!

It just all kind of blew my mind away today...that I was really, actually going to Europe.

What also makes this really neat is that I just spent two semesters taking Humanities classes where we focused on the art, architecture, literature, music, all of it mainly in Europe, from early BC up through the present day. So many of the artist and architectural buildings that I studied I am going to get to see! While I was studying them, I would think about how, one day, I would get to see all these famous, ancient places, and now, in just over a month, I will get to see a great deal of them. This is an experience that not many people get the opportunity to experience, and I am very grateful that I am one who gets this opportunity =]

No comments:

Post a Comment