Sunday, May 22, 2011

Day 1 - Travel/Wassenaar

Well, I did talk about my travels and how I got to the Netherlands! After my friend came and picked me up, she took me back to her house, and then went back to school. I showered and napped a bit off and on, but tried to stay awake, so I could sleep that night. When my friend and her kids got home, we went for a walk around their town, Wassenaar. They showed me where the store was, and we had Subway for dinner. Yup, my first meal in the Netherlands is Subway =] But it was good. After that we walked down the Langstraat, which is where there is a lot of shops and such. Everything was closed then though because it was later at night. We then walked to the store to get ice cream, and then it was home again, home again, jiggity jig! I don't have any pictures yet of Wassenaar, but I'll get some, don't worry =]

The end of Day 1.

In the Houston Airport (my layover)

Dinner on the airplane. It was actually pretty good!

View of the Netherlands from the sky!

On the train from the airport to Leiden

Cool church between the airport and Leiden

These are the trains I take between Amsterdam and Leiden

Leiden Centraal Station

Leids University

Leids University

No comments:

Post a Comment