Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Day 13 - Leiden for Church

I knew I wanted to go to church in Leiden since they had an English speaking branch. There is a young man in the husband’s class who is LDS, so when I went to the school I met him and talked to him about church and made sure I had the times and such right. This also meant I would know 1 person! So again, thanks to Google maps and Wikipedia, I figured out which busses to take to get me to church! I made it there (thanks in part to another man who was on the bus who I figured had to be going to church) and it was wonderful. Everyone was super friendly to me and their branch is just fantastic! Turns out the father of the young man I met is the branch president, so that was neat, and the man that I followed from the bus was new to the ward and had just moved here from Brazil. I also met the branch president’s wife, and she and her daughter took me home after church, since they live near where I was going, and that was super wonderful of them so I didn’t have to take the bus back home. I was home in time for dinner and overall, it was a wonderful Sunday! And of course, I forgot to take pictures of the church...

No comments:

Post a Comment