Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Day 15/1 - Amsterdam

Day 15 was the day my family came in, and therefore began part two of my vacation! I left around 3:30 to head to Amsterdam and made it to the airport. My family’s flight info wasn’t posted yet, so I just went and sat near a TV that would tell me when their plane was coming in, and which exit they would come out of. They were supposed to get in around 5:15, and I was there about 4:20. I looked at the screen and it said they were going to get in at 4:45! I was shocked and glad I came early!

Theirs was the one coming in from London Heathrow. They had landed!

So they came off, I found them, and we were all together! We found our rental car place, bought a GPS and off we were to our hotel in Amsterdam. We had decided that, since we would be staying in Amsterdam again at the end of our trip, we’d go to the Anne Frank house then and just see a few little things that night (it was about 6 PM). So I figure out which trams are near our hotel, and off we went to Dam Square. Since I had been to Dam Square, they had put in a sand volleyball court in front of the palace! It was super weird to see there, because it didn’t belong =] We walked around and I showed them things and places. We walked down towards Centraal Station and we had Lebanese food for dinner, and of course, I had to get them fries as well =] Then we went back to our hotel, since everyone was tired, and we had a lot of driving to do the next day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment