Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Day 19/5 - Salzburg to Venice, Italy

So this morning we were loading up luggage, and I was going to lift my mom’s suitcase into the car, and I threw out my back. I almost fell into a little ball on the floor, it hurt so bad! I couldn’t move really at all, nor could I stand or anything. I said I was fine, and got in the car to lay down for a bit, since we were waiting for this store to open. I got up and was able to walk a bit, as long as I was standing up straight. I took half of my friends super pill in hopes that it would put me to sleep and ease my pain (it didn’t really…) I had been sitting in the middle of two of my siblings in the car, and thought I was good because it felt good to have my feet up on the middle console in the car. But after a bit, I couldn’t do that anymore, so I took over the back of the car, where my sister had been sitting with all the luggage because I could lay down a bit more. So I was laying in the back of the car, with my feet up on the window, so my back would be straight. Of course our drive that day was almost 5 hours…but it wasn’t too bad because I was able to lay down. It also gave me an interesting view of everything. Our drive that day was through the Austrian Alps and it was beautiful! We took a lot of back roads because we were going to Birchesgarten, which is where Hitler used to hang out. It was neat little town, but the drive was the best!

That's what I looked like, laying in the back of the car, on top of the luggage =] I wasn't very happy either, and was in a lot of pain!

Beautiful green in Austria



The mountains were so gorgeous! The pictures don't do them justice. 

So we made it to Venice, and I was a bit frustrated that I hurt so much and we were in Venice! But I was able to walk around, but was pretty grumpy and unhappy because I hurt, a lot. Venice was beautiful though! We went to Piazza San Marco and to see the Cathedral there, but of course, we were about 10 minutes too late. It had already closed. But it was cool to see the square anyway.

Beautiful Venice!

San Marco's Cathedral

Really cool art on the outside of the cathedral

A neat house in Venice

The famouse Rialto Bridge. We ate dinner right next to it, and then walked the shops along it. 

Beautiful Venice at sunset

We walked around, and found some real Italian food, which was super good! I loved all the small streets of Venice, and I loved that there weren’t cars there or anything. We got lost getting out (since we had taken a water taxi to where we wanted to go) and were walking back to our car. So we became real tourists and pulled out our trusty Brenda =] She managed to get us out of the crazy streets of Venice, and we also happened across some neat little buildings, but by that point, I was hurting too much and just wanted to get back to the hotel. Let me say, while our hotel wasn't the greatest, I slept well that night!!

3 comments:

  1. Our family loved Saltzburg! The church she got married in is in another town. We went to the church and also did the sound of music tour. I just had to dance in the glass gazebo and sing "I am sixteen going on seventeen..." I hope you got to see all of those places!!! Have fun for the rest of your travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete