Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Day 7 - Wassenaar

Day 7 was a very chill day just recovering and catching up on sleep and such. I went on an hour long bike ride down a beautiful road where the bus had gone down. It was tree lined and really beautiful. I learned that Wassenaar has some of the most expensive houses in all of Europe, and I believe it. I’ve fallen in love with Wassenaar and plan to move there soon (like…3 years =) )



I also went to the store and to the Langstraat (walking street) to see what was there. It is a great little street and I found some ice cream. I’ve fallen in love with European ice cream; it is so much better than in the states! That was about all I did that day. I watched some TV, organized pictures, blogged a bit (but obviously not all!) and then my friends came home and we had dinner and hung out. I helped their daughter with math homework, and that was fun =] It was pretty funny because it was simple stuff like figuring out percents, but she was using fractions, not decimals, and that is a lot harder. I could solve the problems, but couldn’t figure out how to explain it to her because I was doing it the “hard” way, which in reality is easier, but not if you don’t know about decimals =] So that was Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment