Thursday, June 9, 2011

Day 24/10 - Nice to Barcelona, Spain

I’m caught up! We are currently (were) driving from Nice to Barcelona. We didn’t get breakfast at the hotel and so we were going to go to McDonalds. We typed in McDonalds into our trusty Brenda, and she gave us some directions. We started following them, but quickly realized what Brenda was telling us wasn’t matching up with where we actually were. She was super confused, kept loosing GPS signal, and soon enough, we don’t even know where she was. So we saw some signs to the high way so we followed those. I took Brenda and reset her to her factory settings, and then once we were out of Nice, reprogrammed her to take us to Barcelona. Poor Brenda didn’t like the narrow streets and tall buildings of Nice. We are really only going to Barcelona because our friend has business there, but we are excited to hopefully go to the beach and to eat Spanish food!! So yummy!

So we are now in Barcelona, and we are waiting for our friend to finish his meeting, and then we are going to a tapas restaurant for dinner! We are here for two days, and were hoping tomorrow would be nice enough to go to the beach, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen =[ Its supposed to rain and be cold all day. So we'll see what happens!


ETA: Our friends ended up going to dinner with their company, so we went and found a braserie (grilled meat) restaurant that was really good. The La Sagrada Familia was right near where we were, so we went and walked to that, and walked around that. That was all we ended up doing. 

2 comments:

  1. Look for missionaries - maybe some of them will remember Steven - he hasn't been home two years yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also should have said it pays to be patient. (well I guess I wasn't really very patient...) Anyway - Thank you for catching up. I've been so excited to know how your trip is going. It sounds so wonderful! I can't wait to see all of your pictures. And - I've been checking on facebook - and even more than ever I realize it is probably good that I don't have my own account. Facebook would be my best friend and that would be kind of sad ;-)

    ReplyDelete